What is Pickles?
Pickles is the new “Real-life, Real-time” Smartphone app, designed by the research team at Mustard. It provides us with instant “in-the-moment” qualitative insights at the point of engagement. It allows our clients to see and hear from their customers in context – mirroring their preferred channels for sharing opinion and content.
Using Pickles provides us with numerous benefits.
- It is real-time. Instant and “in the moment”, so provides real rather than recalled experiences.
- It is real-life. We are with consumers 24/7.
- It is unobtrusive. Totally discrete. 100% natural.
- It is engaging for participants, so we get more considered responses. We get more by making it fun.
- It is fast, flexible and fluid. We can add and change questions as we go.
- It is great value. The extended consultation period means we get to know the respondents and get to learn more.
All of the above combine to provide deeper and more meaningful insights than possible using other traditional qualitative methods.
- Individual instant messaging with push notifications
- Moderated group chat
- Video diaries, vox pops, video and photo upload
- Missions and tasks
We have used the Pickles app for clients including Princes, Carlsberg, Goldenfry, JD Williams, Next and Greggs. Pickles is particularly well suited for ethnographic research, but we have also used it for ad and campaign feedback, understanding consumer behaviour / decision making, product testing, creative testing (e.g. POS, signage, packaging), customer journey / CX research, brand research and mystery customer missions. It is versatile enough for almost any project.
How Pickles helped Carlsberg
Pickles helped explore consumer “on trade” decision making to understand the processes of choosing a new beer. Pickles was also used to capture live responses to a new TV ad, showing how some messages were received more strongly than others.
Discover how Pickles can make a difference to your business
Recent news and articles – please feel free explore, share, post comments and join in the conversation!
Our people are our business. The Mustard team is an eclectic mix of skilled, passionate researchers and strategists. We’re all in the job to make a difference, and love nothing more than seeing our clients win.