Pop up communities
In addition to the “extended” online communities we also deliver shorter term pop up communities – or online forums. They contain all of the same features and benefits of a standard online community, but will run for (typically) just 2-4 weeks. Discussion threads are designed to align with the project objectives – and the feedback is fast, deliberative and detailed.
This approach affords several benefits over other qualitative research methods (such as focus groups):
- Greater levels of engagement
- Thinking time for participants, researchers and clients
- Flexibility to amend discussions throughout fieldwork period
- Ability to easily update and download videos and photos
- Provides a more considered and open response, especially around sensitive issues
- It delivers the “best of both” – discussion and debate (like groups) and an ability to drill down to understand the individual (like depths)
- Provides scope for a broader geographical coverage
We have used shorter online forums / pop-up communities for a vast array of projects – including recent studies that have helped clients understand declining NPS scores, shape and re-define propositions, understand behaviours (including barriers to purchase), design campaigns, test communications messaging, redesign literature (e.g. invoices), identify NPD opportunities, understand brand perceptions (including customers and non-customers) and to test products.
How Mustard has helped Tangle Teezer
Mustard has used its “pop-up” communities to help the successful haircare brand Tangle Teezer launch several new products.
Discover how pop up communities can make a difference to your business
Recent news and articles – please feel free explore, share, post comments and join in the conversation!
Our people are our business. The Mustard team is an eclectic mix of skilled, passionate researchers and strategists. We’re all in the job to make a difference, and love nothing more than seeing our clients win.